Hello, hello! I've been busy working with the lovely new Shimelle collection from American Crafts, and it's been so fun!! Today I'm super happy I finally get to share my finished project over at Shimelle's beautiful site : ) There's a mini book from start to finish using most of the photos from my Long Beach adventure, plus my gold leaf tutorial used throughout the entire project. It is all shared in a three part video series on her blog so you can see how I designed and put everything together. I hope you enjoy! If you watch any of the videos on my YouTube Channel, make sure to give it a thumbs up if you're interested in more of these type of videos ; ) XO
Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Monday, September 15, 2014
The first half of this month has flown by faster than any other this year for me. We celebrated my birthday which I always love. Although, when I was a kid I remember my mom being in her mid-thirties and she seemed so grown up. I had a picture of what it must be like in my head which is totally different than my reality today. Not good or bad, just different. I still feel like such a kid in a lot of ways (which I get from my Grandpa), but in general have really enjoyed most all of what comes with the ageing process. Truly.
Another highlight was when Ryan and I got to see baby girl for her second trimester ultrasound. Every time I get a glimpse of her my heart skips a beat. I'm amazed at how fast she is growing, and those profile pics the stenographer gives me always makes me giddy!
I've also been able to spend lots of quality time with my mom. She visited me two weeks in a row which is quite special in my book. The first week we went to the theater to watch 100 Foot Journey and then ate Indian food after....yummmmmm!!! There was also candle shopping, which means my house smells like fall. It's wonderful!
The second week she and my sisters all surprised me with a visit for my birthday! I was in heaven!! We went to the farmer's market for crepes (gluten free for me), and I picked out a huge bouquet of flowers. I now officially think black eyed susans are my favorite fall flower and will be sad when the farmers market ends. They also spoiled me with a big gluten free cake from my favorite bakery which we ate in no time. So many wonderful memories already this month. XO
Saturday, September 13, 2014
Happy weekend lovelies! Today I have some baby shower invitations to share. I actually made them back in April for my sister, and recently came across these pics I had taken of the finished product. My sister designed her baby's room with a galaxy theme, so I followed suite with the invites and absolutely love how they turned out!! It was so fun picking out which star sequin to match to the different designs on the front. Below you'll find info on how I put these together. XO
Some notes/tips about how I created these invites:
- I used actual book pages for the nebulas from a used book I found.
- I designed the saying "shhh....baby bruni's dreaming" in Photoshop and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut it out of the nebula pictures/book pages.
- I used either pearlized white cardstock or silver glitter paper to layer behind the saying to help make it pop.
- I also used silver glitter paper to line the inside of all the envelopes.
- Some of the card bases are regular blank note cards and others are cut from lavender cardstock. I just chose whatever I thought looked best with the photo on the front.
- I ran the blank note cards directly through my printer to add the text on the inside.
- To make the front a shaker, I cut up page protectors into pockets that fit my saying (roughly 3x4), filled them with various star sequins, and sewed them shut. I used a little of The Ultimate glue around the edges to attach them to my front making sure to line them up with my saying.
- I popped my saying up on the front of the card with foam adhesive for the invites that were being hand delivered. The ones that were mailed I did not pop up.
Supplies I used for these invites: