Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rain Boots & Jackets...

...are some of the sweetest memories I have this Spring :)







June 9th...one summer in WA...we decided to visit the "Spit" (aka. Dungeness Spit - a long, thin stretch of land surrounded on the right and left sides by the ocean)...it ended up sprinkling as we made our way toward the beach, so we decided to stop in a local shop for rain gear for the kiddos...they hopped around, and tried on the cutest rain boots and jackets, until finally decided which were perfect! Once, we reached the Spit, it didn't take long for them to find their way into the cool, gray ocean...and somehow my memories of that damp day, now have a glow :)

Here is another pic of what the Spit looked like that day:



For the layout above, I used the Cosmo Cricket paper "Thursday", Prima Flowers, Glitter paper, pink streamer, teal sequins, and a Hambly dye cut flower. This is also kind of a "recycled" page...I used white paint to dry brush a piece of cardboard, and used the Prima packaging to write my journaling on...and, to finish it off, I tore the bottom edges of the papers. I also edited the photo so it had a kind of "golden" hue...perfect for the way I remember our outing that day :)

4 comments:

  1. awww carrie ~ it turned out amazing,,, i love it!!!! the painted card board and the glitter paper are perfect touches :-D as always, great job :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page and wonderful memory! Sometimes it's opposite "ideal" that stays in our mind... Hrm, I'm going all poetical! :)

    Again, really beautiful layout! Gotta get me some "real" flowers like that, gives nice dimension to pages!

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet page! love these colors together and the cardboard looks rad as it frames the photo!

    Super cool!

    ReplyDelete