Friday, January 15, 2010

"Rosy Cheeks" Layout & Marymere Falls

I love this photo of my little sister! She tried on Dr. Cullens Jacket during our Forks visit last summer, and her cheeks turned so pink!

PNA Rosy Cheeks Layout

PNA Rosy Cheeks Layout Collage

It has been a sheer delight making projects with the Pink Ninjas Addicts scrapbook kits! This is a layout using the *Three Little Birds* January Kit. To create it, I first decided to make the fabric frame.....I sewed the pink floral strip into a tube, stuffed it with poly-fil, sewed the two ends of the stuffed tube together to make a circle, and covered where the two ends meet with a pink lace bow. Once I had the frame assembled, I came across the photo, and decided it was exactly what I wanted to use. From there, I cut strips of the heart paper, and wove them together, attaching them to the background paper with red thread and my sewing machine. Then I decided what embellishments to add, and for the final touch, I used my small heart punch, and popped up hearts in some of the negative space left on the layout. I tried to give this layout the feel of excitement, sweetness, and color of the moment I captured in the photo. With such great memories, I love how scrapbooking helps me remember.....

Here is a photo of me and some of my family on New Years Day. We decided to take a short hike up to Marymere Falls. It was pouring down rain, and we all got soaked, but it was soooo beautiful and fun!!!

WA Marymere Falls Group & Falls

1 comment: