Monday, May 3, 2010

Pink Ninja Monday!

Mother's Day Shadowbox

Well, it's May, and with it comes the release of the newest kits from the Pink Ninja Addicts!!!  Here are *Thrift Shop Junkie* and *Stay Beautiful*.....



































Aren't they just SO beautiful!!!  This is my new favorite color combo.....of course my favorite seems to change every month, but for now that's my story and I'm stickin' to it :)

I used a little of both of these lovely kits to make the 5x7 layout in the shadowbox (pictured above).  It's my Mom's Mother's Day present.  I love her so much!!!  She is beautiful, and smart, and funny, and just being around her is soothing.  She also loves vintage, which made these kits perfect for creating her gift.  Don't you just love it when things fall into place.....like they were meant to be?!

One of my favorite items in the *Thrift Shop Junkie* kit is a sheet of Mcalls pattern.  I layered it over the background paper (in the shadowbox above), and just love the effect it created.....kinda fun don't ya think?  What is a new technique you have discovered lately, that you just love???

I have another shadowbox simmilar to this one that I will share either later today, or soon.

Happy Pink Ninja Monday!
Carrie

3 comments:

  1. Love this.....the Shadowbox is stunning!!!

    These are the best kits!!! Thanks for sharing with us and wishing you a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww your momma is going to LOVE this! soo pretty
    xo
    P.S. new techniques... hmmm I'm still addicted to my border punches =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful frame!!! and i love the layout of your blog, gosh i need to update mine so bad but don't know any fancy tricks or photoshop lol.

    ReplyDelete