Thursday, June 24, 2010

For me to remember.....

Summer Log

Summer Log Pgs. 1&2

....this summer.

This is one of the tutorials from Esie's Red Velvet Art Summer CampLovely Gloria and I are taking this fun on-line class together....there is a new project every day for 6 weeks!!!  Awesome, right?!?!

So far, page 1 is the postcard I received in the mail from Amber (and her trip to Ireland).  It is clipped to the book, so I can take it out to read the back whenever.  She wrote that she was inside the exact bar on the front of the postcard while writing to me, drinking a Guinness to boot!!!  I love that.  So, for the journaling, I have the date I received it on the pink tag on the right.  All I have to do, is lift up the butterfly to see.  And on the left, the pink tag says "received this postcard from Amber today".  It's simple and makes me SO happy!!!

Page 2 is inspired by one of Esie's recent layouts.  You can see her layout HERE.  The journaling in my head bubble says "i love Ryan".  I really do too : )

I sewed the pretty floral fabric on the outside of the book (one of my favorites for this summer), and it is actually almost the exact same size as displayed in the picture.  I am looking forward to documenting my summer here in San Diego with this little book.  I have another one that I am preparing to remember my summer in WA.  So far so good.

Smiles to all!
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Lovely lovely!!!!
    what size is it?
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looooove it!!!! i just started working on a summer vacation journal... so excited!

    ReplyDelete