Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer of Love.....

First Day of Summer & Intro Pgs.

I have finally started the journaling prompts for this lovely book.  A book that is documenting my summer here in San Diego, and also, be the perfect place for remembering my days in Washington (thank you, Kara) : )

These first two pages are the first day of summer with my self portrait (taken on that exact day), and also the introduction (since I am writing a book of sorts, after all).  I think the key, for me at least, is to keep each page simple, since there are so many to do.  There are 29 journaling prompts alone, not to mention the 17 photography prompts.....and I am determined to finish it this summer.

I am looking forward to hiking through lush forest, to a beautiful beach along the coast of Washington.  I can see myself sitting in the sand on a sunny day, and taking out this little book to write down my thoughts and adventures from the day before.

The last few days here have been very warm (a little too warm for my liking).  So, today, I am just trying to stay cool.  Working on little bits of different craft projects, more digital art, and watching a special on the salt nomads of Tibet.

Have a beautiful day!
Carrie

2 comments:

  1. ya the weather is wiked there was so much lighting in powy at like 6 danggg it looked like twister haha and it was 99 degrees haha stay cool my friend

    ReplyDelete