Friday, October 8, 2010

Your appointment with Friday

First of all, I am super happy that those of you who played along with last weeks prompt enjoyed yourself so much!  It was great to see your lovely photos and hear about your adventures with taking them.  You created beautiful inspiration for all of us!!!  Thank you.  We are excited to see what you come up with this week!

Today's photo prompt is.....

It's tradition.

*It's Tradition*

Gloria and I decided that when this time of year comes around we just go about with our normal routine and then all of a sudden it hits us.  We have something special to look forward to.  Maybe it's because it was so perfect last year.  Going to the pumpkin patch to find the best pumpkin.  Or maybe it's a delicious drink that only comes around for the Fall season, like a pumpkin spice latte, and you decide to run to the coffee shop and warm your yummy.  Or maybe you are looking forward to starting a new tradition and decide to bake the perfect loaf of pumpkin bread while on your way to the grocery store.  So, for this Friday's prompt we would love for you to be creative today and take a photo of something that represents your tradition.  You can be super imaginative and stage the perfect setting, or decide that you want it to be more personal and have yourself in it, or just shoot something as it's happening, or whatever is perfect for you to do today : )

*Chrysanthemums*

Fall Flower

These are some of the photos from Gloria and my photoshoot on Tuesday.  My tradition is planting colorful chrysanthemums in these flower pots I painted a few years ago.  I've only done it for the past three years, but I love looking at the beautiful color, and it makes me happy.  I think it's partly because my favorite Fall thing use to be going to the San Diego Wild Animal Park (now called San Diego Safari Park), for their Chrysanthemum Festival.  They would decorate the Park with a bunch of different scenes made mostly from chrysanthemums.  Like an ocean made entirely of flowers with a surfer, etc.....It was amazing!  They stopped doing it a few years ago, and I think that may be part of the reason I enjoy planting mine these days.  Memories....

We hope you decide to play along, and if you do please leave the link to your photo in the comments, or you can upload it to the Project Monday Flickr Group HERE.  I know you will create something lovely.  There is also a Project Monday widget for your blog on my sidebar, and don't forget to check Gloria's blog for her pics.  

On Monday, we will both have a new project to share with you using our It's tradition photos.

Have the best weekend!
<3 Carrie

2 comments:

  1. Sounds super fun, I joined project monday and I will add the widget! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I´ve been a good girl and made my assignments :) Check out Friday App and project Monday here:
    http://missdeerest.blogspot.com/2010/10/foggy-appointment-with-friday.html

    http://missdeerest.blogspot.com/2010/10/project-monday.html

    ReplyDelete