Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Project Monday

Hello, and welcome to another Project Monday!  Finally.....it feels so great to get back into the swing of things after all the holiday fun.  I had a really nice break and just played as much as possible.  It felt so great to just let go and enjoy myself.....I hope you had fun too : )

For my project this week I decided to do a layout.....since I hadn't done one in like a month.  After thinking about my word (for 2011, and photo from our last photo prompt) and where I am right now, here is what I came up with:

*Balance* 2011 Love

The idea behind this layout started with me looking at my photo and thinking about what I really like right now.....design wise.  Well, I really love black and white stripes so, I decided that white background paper layered with black paper strips was a great start.....and it just kinda took off from there.  I added pink spray paint for an additional feel and texture of stripes.  And for some reason I am really digging an orange / golden feel to things right now, so I added the butterflies and then layered everything else with it.  To finish it off, I used gold thread to sew it all together.

Here's a closer look.....

*Balance* Layout Collage

And all the pieces I used to put my layout together.....

*Balance* Layout Pieces

(Gloria will not be sharing a Project Monday this week.  She has extended her holiday break : )

Have fun creating today, and see you tomorrow for some new inspirational photos!!!

Love, Carrie

3 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! i love the stripes and the paint eeek!!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie, love this LO!!!!!! The strips of paper and those butterflies are fabulous and of course that gorgeous pink paint!!! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i love this layout Carrie, it's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete