Monday, February 21, 2011

Project Monday

Happy Monday to you!  I know some of you have today off as a holiday :)  OK.  So, if you're looking for a fun project to do, Gloria and I decided to write love letters to that special *someone we love* from our last photo prompt.  Go HERE to see our last photo prompt and start your happy creative process.  And if you already have your photo taken, here is my love letter to Ryan.....I hope you find it inspiring.....




February Love Letters


When I first started out thinking about writing a love letter and making it into a project, I thought of a couple different ways I could incorporate it into a layout, but ended up really liking the idea that a love letter to my sweetie was tucked away inside a decorated pouch (you can see the letter sticking out of the top in the photo above).  The letter is folded into a smallish square and wrapped in yellow and white baker's twine.  It fits nicely inside the 6x6 pocket.....And there was even room for Ryan's Valentine card too!

Of course, if you want to play along you don't have to make your love letter into a project.  It just so happens that I wanted my photo of Ryan connected to it in that way.....If that makes sense!?!?

And I used more yummy product from the Color Me Miki Shop in my project this week.  The yellow and white baker's twine, the Hambly overlay, and the Pink Paislee green artisan tape were the perfect additions!  I was also really excited to use these cool stickers of the hand-drawn looking animals.  They are from a little shop I came across in Port Townsend, WA and I have been dying to use them in a project!!!  I think they're pretty special pieces of art.

Have a lovely day.  And if you decide to play along, I know you will enjoy the whole process and create something heartfelt and rewarding <3


Love, Carrie

1 comment:

  1. this looks lovely! I have to find the time to play along! :)

    ReplyDelete