Friday, September 9, 2011

{day 8} technology

{september} technology

Originally, I took the above photo for yesterday's *technology* photo prompt with the thought in mind that sweet Clementine deserved a spotlight in this month long project. She is very dear to me and posed nicely while also taking a photo of herself in a mirror (I used a self timer). However, late in the afternoon something unexpected happened.   All of San Diego lost power. No intersection lights, no gas pumps, no groceries, no fan, no TV, no Internet. And it lasted through most of the night until the early morning hours. To keep from getting bored in our dark house solely lit with candles, I set my my tripod and decided to try and get a photo of what it felt like to be there.....

{september} technology lost

This is definitely not a traditional photo representative of technology, but since technology was lost for the night I think it still is in it's own way.....at least to me.  Last night I enjoyed how peaceful and simple it was, but was also reminded of how much I do LOVE technology.  <3 Carrie

1 comment:

  1. Technology is very important to most of us in this day and age. I love the photos. I really like the one with the candle. To me it takes me back to a calmer time where technology and all of that wasn't as important. You don't realize how much we rely on it until we don't have it. I didn't realize it until my power went out and I didn't have any candles... go figure.

    ReplyDelete