Friday, May 18, 2012

{5 ideas} for adding text to your photos

{5 ideas} for adding text to photos
Yesterday was my sister Amber's birthday.  It seems like everyone in this area of Washington has gardening fever, so Ryan and I gifted her some gnomes (she recently read a book about gnomes that peaked her interest), a beautiful succulant, and flower pot to celebrate!  Today I thought it would be cute to share some photos of said gnomes along with 5 simple ideas for adding digital text to your photos.  It was super fun to take pics of these little guys.....Enjoy!!!

1.)  Find negative or empty space for adding text to your photo:

{gnome} with duckie
2.) Align your text around an object in your photo:

{gnome} birthday present
3.) Use natural framing (if present) to frame your text:

{sunshine} gnome
4.) Add text onto a busy background (I like to choose a color for my text that helps it stand out the most):

{gnomeo} in my flower basket
5.) Add text before and after an image in your photo to create movement:

{gnome} hiker
(You can click on any of the images to see them larger in Flickr.)

And as you've probably guessed, one of the photos above is of a gnome in my hanging flower basket.....I ended up buying one for our home too! I am totally crushing over how cute he is!!! 

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.  <3 Carrie

5 comments:

  1. I love this post. I'm always trying to learn new things about Photoshop. I feel there is can do so much and I want to learn it all. What font did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips, love the font! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love the gnomes! I was looking for some for our container garden but didn't find any. Went with a cute little owl from Target, though. Also, what kind of plant is that in #3. L.O.V.E. it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gina! The plant in #3 is an indoor succulant.....you can find them in all shapes and sizes at a specialty gardening store. The plant in the little red pot is a form of cactus.....I bought it at a local home and garden show years ago.

      Delete