Tuesday, September 18, 2012

{bachelorette | birthday} weekend

{a walk} after the bachelorette party
 
Oh, how I have missed blogging. I know I should have stopped in just to say hi, but my summer has been so busy I never made the time till now. Hello. It's nice to see you again : ) For today's post I thought I'd share a few Instagrams from my birthday weekend which also happened to be my sister Amber's bachelorette party weekend! The photo above is Amber while we were on a walk along Port Williams. We talked about plans for her wedding, some of the decorations, and also just plans for Fall. It feels like such exciting times.  And yes, in case you were wondering my Fall fever has begun.
 
{bachelorettle | birthday} collage Over this birthday | bachelorette weekend, I was able to give out the party favors for Amber's bachelorette party.....DIY Sharpie mugs embellished with lyrics from one of her favorite love songs (Elephant Love Medley) and stuffed with homemade tag bags, tied all together with lovely elephant ribbon in blue (her favorite color). My mom and I had the best time picking out all the loose leaf tea at the Sequim Spice and Tea Shop for the homemade tea bags. We ended up with Pear Spice, Meyer Lemon, and Hibiscus Delight. They all smelled amazing and tasted just as good. There was also a minibook (the one with mustaches on the cover), which I made for her bachelorette party were I took a photo of each of the girls with my Instax Mini, taped it into the book, and they wrote her a little note on the opposite page. By the end of the party it was stuffed full and now holds some awesome memories.

{birthday} thrifting
 
On my actual birthday I found these gems at the thrift store.  The little owl pair is a music box, the glasses are for a friend, and the sheet is for a future sewing project.  You can feel the weather changing here and I have been wanting to sew everyday.  I think it's some sort of nesting | preparing for fall thing.
 
We had a big dinner to celebrate my birthday with my family in Sequim, and my mom bought me these happy flowers and a small milk glass vase to hold them.  In the photo below you can see part of the leather wrist band that my brother in law made me, and in the collage towards the top is a photo of the fire pit from when we relaxed outside in the warm summer air just after dark. 
 
Well, I think that's it for now.  I'll share more photos soon.  They'll probably be Instagrams as well, until I make time to edit some of the photos from Clem.....which most likely will be after my sister's wedding next week.  See ya soon!  And happy almost Fall!!!  <3 carrie="carrie" p="p">
 
{birthday} flowers

3 comments: