This is my first venture in fall baking of the year. Perfect for breakfast with a little butter and a side of hot tea. Healthy and full of chocolate goodness. Enjoy!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl mix together four, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, pumpkin, sugar, applesauce, vegetable oil, almond extract and chocolate chips.
- Slowly add the flour mixture into your mixing bowl with the wet ingredients until blended. Do not over beat.
- Pour the batter into 18 paper cupcake lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, checking after 25. Remove muffins from the oven, and let them cool slightly. Then, remove the muffins from the tins and let them cool completely.
>>> I've found that warming the muffins in the microwave before eating them for breakfast the next day with a little butter is delicious. Also, if you are going to eat them warm, remove the paper liner before reheating otherwise the muffin with stick to the bottom of the liner. This recipe uses a lot of chocolate chips, you may want to use less.....apparently I am craving chocolate right now. Oh, and I used a little extra almond extract. :D This recipe is altered from HERE. <<<