Monday, November 25, 2013

{guest post} from Brittany | her christmas countdown mini base


So you know those amazing three mini frames in the Christmas Countdown Kit (two shown below)?! Well, today's guest is the lovely person who made those little pieces of art!  Her collaboration with this kit has been a dream.....so without further ado, meet Brittany:
 
{B&G Market} CCK | KraftyBuns FramesHey everyone, Brittany here A.K.A. KraftyBuns. I'm excited to be a part of Carrie's blog today and even more excited to be sharing my base mini album using her Christmas Countdown kit!! First I'll let you get to know me a little more!
 
What is your favorite color?  My favorite color seems to always change but right now I'm loving gold and mint.
 
Is there something unique you do when doing a favorite hobby? Nothing to unique unless making a mess can be considered ;). When scrapbooking I like to just have music playing from Pandora and when crocheting (a new little hobby I just picked up) I like to catch up on shows from Netflix.
 
What's something little you enjoy during the month of December? Although I'm not a huge fan of freezing to death, I love have a fire going and an excuse to drink hot cocoa. I also love wearing my boots that I'm obsessed with and fuzzy socks!
 
Tell us something interesting about one of your pets. I swear my male cat, PJ, is half human. He knows when he's not suppose to do something so he will stare at me and do it slowly as if I can't see him. He also smacks me if I try to walk away and he doesn't want me to stop petting him lol!
 
What would be a dream come true? To start a family and have an amazing craft room of course! I also have this dream of winning the lottery even though I don't play (don't we all :P).
 
I was so excited when Carrie asked me to make some embellishments for these kits and even more excited knowing I get to play with the kit! I've never done an album just for the month of December and I can't remember how long it's been since I've made a mini! I recently made a quick little post here (http://kraftybuns.blogspot.com/2013/11/christmas-countdown-prep.html) showing all the supplies I pulled out to possibly use with the kit. Here is how the base and cover came out!
 
For the cover I wanted to keep the wood showing for the most part, I love the way it looks! I went ahead and did some paint splatters in mint and gold (the same colors I used for the frames). I ended up not loving the way it turned out because my paint was super cold, but after it all came together I ended up liking it more! I took a little snowflake stamp, some white embossing powder and added them directly to the cover. I took the star diecut from the kit, added some mod podge to it and stuck it to the cover. I went ahead and embossed the year on one of the wooden chalkboard embellishments and called the cover done!
 
I went ahead and punched holes in most of the papers from the kit to add to the binder rings. I left some out in case I want to make some paper embellishments as I go. I grabbed some paper clips and clothes pins from the kit and started clipping some flat embellishments onto random pages.
 
This little diecut deer is the cutest! I folded over a doily, added a tag behind and a clothes pin!
 

I wanted to add some bling to the vellum envelope. I cut a strip of the glitter paper from the kit and added it to the flap!

 

So there is the base of my Christmas Countdown mini! Loving the colors and custom details in this kit and I so can't wait to start adding the photos and embellishments!! Thanks so much Carrie for having me!
 
So what do you all think? Pretty amazing, right!? I really love the clean and crisp feel of her album so far, and I know I'll be using her fun idea of adding paper to the edge of an envelope flap!  Also, you should go check out her Etsy shop and BEG her to make more of those delicious frames so you can  purchase extras ; )

Thanks so much for sharing Brittany!  I'm looking forward to see how your album comes together throughout the month of December.  XO

You can purchase a Christmas Countdown Kit HERE. (while supplies last)
See the details of everything in the kit with my video HERE.
Watch Amanda's video while she assembles her mini base HERE.
Watch Val's video of her mini base HERE.
And last my video putting together the base of my mini HERE.

Don't forget to enter my GIVEAWAY.....it's open until Tuesday the 26th at 11:59pm PST!

No comments:

Post a Comment