Wednesday, January 8, 2014

{goals} january 2014



This is such an interesting post for me to write.  I'm not big on New Year's resolutions.  In general I don't feel like it's starting anew at the beginning of each year.  Most of my inspiration, motivation and organization is seasonal....Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall.  There are however, three areas I can think of that do indeed feel more like yearly goals to me.

First is my One Little Word.  I'm taking Ali Edward's workshop for the first time this year as extra support to help make my word more visible.  I'll blog about this soon, but the point I want to make is that the last four years, I've chosen a word as inspiration to help guide me through the year and it's been great.  Definitely a New Year's resolution that is very important to me.

Next, is my photography.  I really enjoy taking photos, but each year there are hundreds I absolutely love but never take the time to edit and print out.  This year, I am making a conscious choice to take less and yet more intentional photos so it will be easier to choose my favorites and make the time to edit them.  As a part of helping to make this goal more attainable I'll be looking at my photos on a monthly basis, setting aside specific time every two weeks to choose, edit and print them, with a goal of being caught up by the end of each month.  In the past, my goal was seasonal and three months at a time did not work.

This leads me to the third area.  Project Life.  My version of project life comes from a different place then Project Life in the traditional sense.  I was quite successful back in 2011, but failed miserably in 2012 and 2013.  I'll go into detail about my process in another post, but the main idea is that at the end of the year I want to have an album filled with all my favorite printed photos, souvenirs, stories and notes.  Again, to help make it happen this year, I'll be looking at it from more of a monthly basis than weekly, which does not work well since big chunks of many of my weeks are spent traveling.  It will be interesting to see how this first month goes.

As far as monthly goals, for January I'm thinking about the following.

I'd like to try out making and following a blogging schedule.  This should help with both my photography and Project Life goals, but will also add to enriching my life as I will be trying out more new recipes, sharing more crafts, and in general exploring more new fun lifestyle stuff : ) 

I plan on crossing "See Justin Timberlake In Concert" off my bucket list.  (This is a BIG one for me!)

Currently I'm designing new Valentine themed shop items that I want to have for sale mid-January.  (Finger's crossed ; )

I want to really enjoy an awesome family long-weekend.

Even though I've purged my craft room recently, I'd like to do it again.

I also would like to find a better storage solution for my CDs at home.  Any suggestions?

And lastly, continue with Ryan and my newish food and date schedule. XO

3 comments:

  1. I'm a newbie to project life-- just started in October but ready to tackle 2014 with a vengeance by documenting each week:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cannot wait to see you new store stuff and your project life album this year! And your word! Ive done this for about the last 4 years also! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete