Monday, October 6, 2014

{art + design class} harper rain walks | layout 4

I hope you all had a lovely weekend!  Ryan and I were lucky enough to get away and spend a couple days over on the Peninsula with my family.  It was so relaxing.  Of course I didn't have time to scrapbook while I was there, so I'm itching to get back at it today and start on my Week 2 layouts from Wilna's Art + Design class : )

This page is my most recent layout from her workshop where we used diamonds in grid form from Week 1.  I was finally able to use some of the photos from when my niece had first started to walk, and jot down my thoughts and memories from what she was like back then.  It was also my first time using gouache paints!  Fun, fun!!

A couple fun items of note:

  • I layered a photo under the largest diamond to add a little more texture and pop to my page.
  • I created my journaling in Photoshop in the shape of a diamond and ran it through my printer.
  • All the embellishments and patterened papers are from the Basic Grey Grand Bazaar collection.  Love that fox!
  • The cut files are from the Art + Design workshop, but Wilna has lots of other amazing cut files in her online shop if you're in the mood to use your die cutting machine. XO







3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's the class or what but those layouts are amazing Carrie!!! I need to grab some patterned paper RIGHT NOW (no really I need to find a job first. life's tough haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in LOVE with that little fox!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Carrie, I'm lucky to pass by on your blog, you got awesome layouts here. & I think this one is my new favoritte, I really love love love loveeeee it!!!

    ReplyDelete