Monday, January 24, 2011

Project Monday

Hello Monday!  Today we get to share our projects with you.  The sweet Kara, came up with our last photo prompt, and here is what we made with our photos.....Oh, and thanks for your comments on our last post, it was fun reading some of your rituals!!!

I think it's only fitting to start out with Kara's lovely layout today.....


I was always intimidated with digital scrapbooking until I was on the Kitschy Digitals creative team.  I decided to try it one day and I've enjoyed the experience since.  It's fun to do when I'm tired of my paper scrapbooking supplies or I don't want to get out of bed.  I can scrapbook right from my warm bed!  I kept this page simple because I wanted the journaling and photos to do the talking.
Hope you like!

*****************************************************

And here's Gloria's dreamy layout.....




Once I got my picture printed for this layout, I looked at it and realized the memories I hold so close to me of how my ritual came to be.  I chose to use dream tickets because It seems like the memories I have attached were like a dream.....Then I surrounded it with a couple of frames that represent time.  I look at it and think of my mom.  Its strange how certain smells remind us of our grandmother or for me its makeup.....It reminds me of my mom every time : )

*****************************************************

And last yours truly.....

*Music Is*

I went a little wild with my project this week....I'm not sure exactly what happened.  Maybe it was using such a simple photo?!?  Who knows.  It was fun putting it together, and I think that's important ; )

Here are some of the details.  I used some deep gold thread, popped up some clouds, used lots of white paper and layered......

*Music Is* Layout (sewing)

*Music Is* Layout (clouds)

*Music Is* Layout (my ritual)

Most of the products used on my layout are from one of my favorite online shops, Color Me Miki.....(who was kind enough to sponsor my Project Monday this week).  You will find the Hambly overlay, heart tags, green floral tape, green button, and blue frame (which I cut out of a pack of journaling cards) in this lovely shop : )

I hope you are inspired to create something beautiful this week.

Love, Gloria, Carrie and Kara

4 comments:

  1. Lovely layouts ladies! Kara, I am still intimidated by digital scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Just found you through Kara's blog. This is a neat little place! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how I love these projects! pretty and creative. nothing better in the whole wide world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are *gorgeous*! :) So inspiring!

    ReplyDelete