Monday, March 7, 2011

Project Monday

Hi everyone!  I hope you all had a nice weekend, and if you decided to play with your camera, enjoyed our last prompt : )

For my project this week, I created a 6x12 layout.....

*Nely's Silhouette*

The paper details I cut out are from an old stash of some of my favorite papers, and the background paper is newer Sassafras Lass.....I just love their Paper Crush line!  I layered a piece of 35 mm film and some trim behind the photo, added brown paint splatter, some journaling with my typewriter, sewing with hot pink thread, a small white doily, Prima flowers.....And to tie it all together, the purple and white baker's twine is from the lovely Color Me Miki's shop.

*Nely's Silhouette* Collage

I knew I wanted my layout to be colorful and bring out all the different hues in my photo.  And that's how I remember that moment being.....when I took Nely's photo.....filled with lots of happy color!  Maybe it's one of the reason's scrapbooking is so therapeutic to me.  You can take a cold winter evening, add scrapbook product to a photo, and presto!  A colorful, happy memory!!!

If you have the winter blues, try creating something colorful today.....I bet it will help : )


And here's Nely's artsy layout (using the Pink Ninja Addicts March Kit).....



For this layout I wanted something fun to capture the "jump",  I started with a basic square layout and just added the butterflies to give the feel of motion.  Makes me happy!!  Have a happy Monday!!"

Love, Carrie & Nely

2 comments:

  1. I am really loving the 6x12's! Thanks for reminding me to try it. The jump layout is also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete