Yesterday I tried a new recipe that my Dad had told me about. A super simple chicken pot pie. For my minibook pages I added the recipe in place of my journaling. Below is a pic of the gluten free version I made for myself with a Bisquick top.
On the journaling page, I added four white stars to the red tree and a red sequin star over the largest which I popped up with pop dots. The recipe was added using my typewriter.
To make the extra page insert with two photos back to back easy to turn, I added one of the chalkboard mini tabs with three of the green gems on top.
I used my typewriter to add a note about the spices I liked along with a wood veneer arrow on top of one of the labels. A doily is layered under it all with the photo. Everything I used for today's page was in my Christmas Countdown Kit. There is still one left HERE if you're interested in making a minibook of your own : )
Easy Chicken Pot Pie (Serves 8)
- 2 cans (18.6 oz each) Progresso Rich & Hearty chicken pot pie style soup (not gluten free, but less than 2%)
- 1 bag (12 oz) Birds Eye Steamfresh broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts
- 1/2 bag (bag is 12 oz) Birds Eye Steamfresh broccoli, cauliflower and carrots
- 1 can (10.2 oz) Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers
- Pepper to taste
- Mrs. Dash to taste
- In a stovetop pan mix soups, veggies, pepper and Mrs. Dash. Boil for 2 minutes and then spoon ungreased Pyrex.
- Pull biscuits apart into two layers. Cut each layer into 4 pieces and place over the hot mixture.
- Bake uncovered at 375 degrees F for 16-20 minutes or until biscuits are golden.
For gluten free replace Pillsbury biscuits with gluten free Bisquick. Also, I recommend using butter instead of shortening, and half and half instead of milk.