Saturday, September 13, 2014

{baby shower invites} galaxy themed star shakers

Happy weekend lovelies! Today I have some baby shower invitations to share. I actually made them back in April for my sister, and recently came across these pics I had taken of the finished product.  My sister designed her baby's room with a galaxy theme, so I followed suite with the invites and absolutely love how they turned out!!  It was so fun picking out which star sequin to match to the different designs on the front.  Below you'll find info on how I put these together. XO










Some notes/tips about how I created these invites:

  • I used actual book pages for the nebulas from a used book I found.
  • I designed the saying "shhh....baby bruni's dreaming" in Photoshop and used my Silhouette Cameo to cut it out of the nebula pictures/book pages.
  • I used either pearlized white cardstock or silver glitter paper to layer behind the saying to help make it pop.
  • I also used silver glitter paper to line the inside of all the envelopes.
  • Some of the card bases are regular blank note cards and others are cut from lavender cardstock.  I just chose whatever I thought looked best with the photo on the front.
  • I ran the blank note cards directly through my printer to add the text on the inside.
  • To make the front a shaker, I cut up page protectors into pockets that fit my saying (roughly 3x4), filled them with various star sequins, and sewed them shut.  I used a little of The Ultimate glue around the edges to attach them to my front making sure to line them up with my saying.
  • I popped my saying up on the front of the card with foam adhesive for the invites that were being hand delivered.  The ones that were mailed I did not pop up.


Supplies I used for these invites:

 

1 comment: