Tuesday, May 27, 2014

{two girls and a kit} may birthday cards


Hello Everybody! Today I'm back with my second video sharing another project using my Two Girls and a Kit supplies. Most likely I'll share one more video for May.....and I'm thinking maybe it will be a minibook!! Today's process video is two birthday cards I recently made for my mom and sister's birthdays. I used the  free vertical 4x6 journaling card for May along with a non-traditonal way to use baker's twine for one of the cards (shown above). For the other I was so inspired by all the pretty Glitz Design product in my kit, I just did lots of layering, created a homemade tag using washi, and added a little machine sewing. Here's the video:




The confetti was made by using a confetti punch and scrapbook paper covered with the Glitz washi. It was perfect for bringing out just a hint of blue. Since baker's twine / embroidery thread was on the recipe card, I knew I wanted to use it in this project, but instead of embroidering some of the designs on the journaling card, I decided to add extra orange and texture by layering it behind the heart. I'd never used baker's twine like this before, and the only thing to note is that since it is so much thicker than tread I didn't need much of it at all.


This second card is really all about the layering.  I created two tags, one out of glitter paper, and the other from washi covered paper which I embellished with an eyelet.  Since these cards were being handed out instead of mailed, I used as much dimension as I wanted....which is always a plus in my book ; )


The only other thing that's different about this card is that I used the design side of the patterned paper base on the inside, and white back side for the cover. I thought the white border would compliment the card well, and the color inside with the text would be a fun little bonus. XO


Two Girls and a Kit Links for May:

2 comments:

  1. Loved the cards and absolutely adored the video. Thanks for sharing.
    Oh... and those journaling cards? Briliant! Thankyou! I pinned them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cards and always enjoy your videos!

    ReplyDelete